Thursday, March 25, 2010

Introducing Chocolate Before Breakfast

A good friend once said to me: "When I get up in the morning, I eat chocolate, and then if I'm still hungry I have breakfast."
This works for me.

This philosophy has inspired the title of my blog, and while I can't promise there'll always be mention of chocolate, I think the likelihood is high.

I should say up front that I'm a bit of a cheap date when it comes to chocolate. Cadbury Dairy Milk (from the Tasmania, Australia factory, not the UK) works just fine for me. I can take or leave dark chocolate unless there's no other type of chocolate in the house, and I'm with Sandra Boynton regarding white chocolate. Looks like paper, smells like paper, tastes like paper.

I've had some traumatic chocolate experiences that caused me to develop a close personal relationship with Swiss chocolate, but I'll tell you about that later.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it was my Mumsy that said that! She always frowns upon me if I have chocolate for breakfast!! What a legend she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah how times change! She was about your age, and her mother was appalled as well!

    ReplyDelete